Selecting Texts for Emergent and Beginning Literacy Learners Paper
To Prepare: For this Assignment, you will examine narrative, informational, and digital texts on a single topic for your literacy learner. Then. You also will examine your decision-making process in selecting these types of texts.
Save your time – order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
Order Paper Now
· Depending on the data you collected, these texts might be, used differently with your emergent and beginning literacy learners.
· Consider how you can use these texts to facilitate research-based reading and writing instruction
Assignment Direction: Choose 3 Reading texts for your students in grade 1 level. (Narrative, informational and digital texts)
Write 2-page: In your paper describes at least three reading texts you selected for both your emergent and beginning literacy learners in grade 1 level. (Florida Common Core Standards-Reading) Using APA style and reference
Include the following in your description below (highlight) when choosing the three reading texts for grade 1 level.
· The topic or unit of study
· Title and author of each text
· Include the URL, or website address, for the digital text
Then: answer the following questions to support the three texts you choose for your students in grade 1 level.
1. Explain how each text relates to the cognitive and non-cognitive aspects of your emergent and beginning literacy learner.
2. Explain how these texts can help you support your emergent and beginning literacy learners with regard to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and/or other standards.
3. Identify and explain where each text falls on the continua from linguistic to semiotic and narrative to informational within the appropriate level of difficulty described in the Analyzing and Selecting Text media program.
4. Explain the specific difficulties related to the texts and the factors that impact, the complexity of each text.
5. Explain how you might use one or more texts in this grouping to facilitate student writing.
Helpful reference below:
Common Core State Standards Initiative. (2012a). Common Core State Standards for English language arts & literacy in history/social studies, science, and technical subjects: Appendix A: Research supporting key elements of the standards and glossary of key terms. Retrieved from http://www.corestandards.org/assets/Appendix_A.pdf
Neuman, S. B., & Roskos, K. (2012). Helping children become more knowledgeable through text. Reading Teacher, 66(3), 207–210
Ciampa, K. (2012). Reading in the digital age: Using electronic books as a teaching tool for beginning readers. Retrieved from http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ981797.pdf
Correia, M. P. (2011). Fiction vs. informational texts: Which will kindergarteners choose? Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/yc/files/yc/file/201111/Correia_Fiction_vs_Informational_Texts_Online%20
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”